Time to Upgrade Your CMS?
With support for Joomla 1.5 likely ending in September, Blue Water Media strongly recommends that all Joomla 1.5 users upgrade to Joomla 2.5 for the latest security updates.
The following 7 steps can be used to effectively upgrade your installation of Joomla from version 1.5.x to version 2.5:
- Step 1 Backup the existing website (codebase and database) to create an upgrade base site
- Step 2 Upgrade the current Joomla 1.5.x installation to Joomla 1.5.26
- Step 3 Install the jUpgrade module to do an automated upgrade of Joomla core from 1.5.26 to 2.5
- Step 4 Upgrade Joomla core to 2.5
- Step 5 Upgrade non-core Joomla components and extensions to the versions most compatible with Joomla 2.5
- Step 5 Test the site for any malfunctions caused by the upgrade
- Step 6 Fix malfunctions related to site upgrade
- Step 7 Move upgraded site to Production environment
To ensure the security of your website and get your Joomla installation upgrade started, contact Blue Water Media today.